Last updated on November 9th, 2023 at 10:39 pm
In Hialeah tonight, the atmosphere is charged as former President Donald Trump prepares to address a crowd at Ted Hendricks Stadium. This event coincides with the GOP presidential debate happening at the Adrienne Arsht Center in Miami.
This move is seen as strategic, considering Hialeah’s predominantly Hispanic population, which could be significant for Republican efforts to win the Latino vote.
During the 2022 midterms, Trump’s rival, Governor Ron DeSantis, made history by winning Miami-Dade County, which includes Hialeah, as the first Republican governor to do so in 20 years.
Rally Details: Trump Speech in Hialeah, Florida
Trump Headlines Hialeah Rally During 3rd GOP Presidential Debate
Time: 7:00 pm ET
Location: Ted Hendricks Stadium in Hialeah, FL
Live Stream: Watch Below
Live Stream – Trump Rally in Hialeah, FL (Nov. 8)
For live coverage of Trump Speech Tonight in Hialeah, stay tuned.
Today’s Coverage by RSBN-TV
Trump, leading in the polls, is expected to draw a significant number of supporters. His message is clear: he claims strong support in Florida, a challenge to Governor Ron DeSantis on his home turf. Polls show Trump with a commanding lead, capturing 60% of likely Republican voters in Florida, with DeSantis trailing at 21%. Nikki Haley is working to strengthen her position, aiming to close the gap with DeSantis.
Political analyst Sean Foreman from Barry University remarks on Trump’s ability to command attention: “He’s managed to be the main event during the first two debates, and it looks like he’ll do it again tonight.” Trump’s supporters are fervent, with individuals like Sharon Anderson from Tennessee sharing, “There’s a huge number of us, all over the country, who will back him as long as he’s in the running.”
Trump’s choice to rally rather than debate has prompted comments from other Republican candidates. Vivek Ramaswamy said, “Trump and I are the only candidates putting America first. But it’s going to take a new leader to bring the country together.”
The Democratic Party, through Nikki Fried, has criticized the Republican agenda, accusing it of restricting freedoms and altering historical narratives.
Traffic Update Before Trump Tonight Rally in Hialeah and RNC Debate in Miami
With the rally in full swing, road closures around Milander Park are in effect, with local authorities advising people to plan for detours and expect delays. Key roads like Palm Avenue, West 45th Street, and West Second Avenue are shut down to manage the rally’s turnout.
The Hialeah Police have provided updates on the road closures and detours due to the Trump rally and the RNC debate happening on Wednesday. Here’s a summary of the key points:
- The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts in Miami will host the third Republican presidential debate. Road closures for this event will start at 1 p.m. and last until 1 a.m. Thursday. Biscayne Boulevard between NE 11th Street to NE 15th Street and N. Bayshore Drive between NE 13th Street to 15th Street will be closed.
- For the debate, drivers headed north on Biscayne Boulevard will be rerouted at NE 11th Street, travel west to NE 1st Avenue, and continue north. Southbound drivers will be rerouted at NE 15th Street, travel west to NE 2nd Avenue, and continue south.
- The expressway entrance ramp will also be closed on Wednesday from 1:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- The Trump rally at Ted Hendricks Stadium in Milander Park, Hialeah, will see closures starting at 9 a.m., and lasting until midnight.
- A Designated Demonstration Zone will be located at Palm Avenue and 45th Street.
Tonight’s rally is a strategic move by Trump, opting for direct voter engagement over the debate stage, signaling his approach for the upcoming campaign. This event is a pivotal moment, not just for Trump’s campaign but for the Republican race at large, as it may influence the direction and dynamics of the primary contests.