Last updated on November 10th, 2023 at 11:13 pm
Born into a family where politics was the daily bread, Sarah Huckabee Sanders’s journey from Hope, Arkansas, to the governor’s mansion is a tale of steadfast determination. Her upbringing, deeply rooted in political and public service ethos, shaped her worldview and her approach to leadership. At the heart of Sarah Huckabee Sanders’s story is not just a tale of political ascent but also one of financial acumen after looking at Sarah Huckabee’s net worth.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the current governor of Arkansas and former White House press secretary for President Donald Trump. Sanders’s early political career included working on her father’s gubernatorial campaigns and as a field coordinator for George W. Bush’s presidential campaign in Arkansas. After her role as White House press secretary, she ran for governor of Arkansas and won the election in 2022.
Sarah Huckabee Net Worth and Salary
Sarah Huckabee Sanders has a net worth of approximately $4 million. She has been serving as the 47th governor of Arkansas since 2023 and is a member of the Republican Party. Previously, she was the White House press secretary under President Donald Trump.
Sanders’s salary as the governor of Arkansas is a matter of public record, her annual salary is $158,739 but it’s her diverse income sources that paint the full picture. She joined the Trump team as a senior campaign advisor and later served as the White House principal deputy press secretary before becoming the White House press secretary in July 2017, a position she held for nearly two years with an annual salary of $179,700.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Income Sources and Assets:
From her previous roles in government to speaking engagements and potential book deals, each chapter of her career has added to her financial portfolio, showcasing the multifaceted nature of income for public figures. Before her role as governor, she was involved in various political campaigns, including her father’s presidential campaign in 2016 and the Trump campaign. Her real estate assets in Arkansas are significant, with an estimated value of $3 million, including residential and commercial properties, as well as a working ranch.
Here’s a brief overview of her assets:
- Purchased a home in Little Rock, Arkansas, for $600,000 in 2019. A 5,000-square-foot mansion in Little Rock, Arkansas, valued at $1.5 million.
- A 2,000-square-foot home in Hot Springs, Arkansas, with an estimated value of $400,000.
- Several commercial properties in Arkansas, including an office building in Little Rock, a retail store in Hot Springs, and a warehouse in Fort Smith, collectively valued at $1 million.
- A working ranch in rural Arkansas, approximately 1,000 acres in size, used for cattle grazing, valued at $270,000.
Sanders has also been recognized for her work in politics, being named one of Time’s “40 Under 40” in politics in 2010. She founded Second Street Strategies in Little Rock, Arkansas, which provides consulting services for Republican campaigns.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders: A Biographical Snapshot
|Full Name||Sarah Elizabeth Huckabee Sanders|
|Date of Birth||August 13, 1982|
|Age||41 years (as of 2023)|
|Birthplace||Hope, Arkansas, USA|
|Height||163 CM, 5 Feet 4 Inches|
|Parents||Father: Mike Huckabee (44th Governor of Arkansas),|
Mother: Janet Huckabee
|Spouse||Bryan Chatfield Sanders (m. 2010)|
|Children||Scarlett Wiles Sanders, William Huckabee Sanders, George Sanders|
|Education||Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Minor in Mass Communications, Ouachita Baptist University|
|Career||Politician, White House Press Secratory|
|Net Worth||Estimated $4 million|
|Inauguration||47th Governor of Arkansas (2023)|
|Political Affiliations||Republican Party|
|Previous Offices||White House Press Secretary (2017–2019)|
|Social Media Handles||Instagram, Twitter|
Personal Life: Husband, Family and Wedding
Who is Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ Husband: Bryan Sanders
Sarah Huckabee Sanders is married to Bryan Chatfield Sanders. Bryan, originally from Mission Woods, Kansas, graduated with a degree in Campaign Media from Colby College in the early 2000s. He began his political career as a press assistant to Sam Brownback, the former governor of Kansas, and has worked on various campaigns, including those for Robert Bentley for Alabama governor and Ted Yoho for the United States Congress.
In 2016, Sarah and Bryan co-founded Second Street Strategies, a consulting firm that offered a range of services including strategy, research, polling, message development, and advertising production and placement for candidates, independent expenditure committees, businesses, and non-profits.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Family
Sarah met Bryan while working on her father’s presidential campaign in 2008, where she was the campaign field director and hired Bryan as a media consultant. They got engaged in 2009 and married in a ceremony on the Virgin Islands.
The couple has three children: Scarlett Wiles, born in 2012; William Huckabee, born in 2013; and George, born in 2015.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the youngest child and only daughter of Mike Huckabee and Janet Huckabee, has a significant family history in politics. Her father, Mike Huckabee, is a former governor of Arkansas, and she has followed in his footsteps, becoming the first female governor of the state. She has two brothers, John Mark Huckabee and David Huckabee. During her inauguration as the 47th governor of Arkansas, she reflected on her family’s influence and her parents’ teachings on principled leadership. Her mother, Janet Huckabee, despite being diagnosed with cancer at age 20 and facing the possibility of not being able to walk or have children, overcame those challenges. Sarah Huckabee Sanders herself has also faced a health challenge with a thyroid cancer diagnosis, from which she has recovered. Her family was present during her inauguration, showcasing a strong family bond and a legacy of political service.
Early Life and Education
Sarah’s early life was steeped in political discourse, with dinner table conversations likely revolving around policy and public service. She was born in Hope, Arkansas, United States, on 13 August 1982. Sanders’s academic background, with a major in Political Science and a minor in Mass Communications from Ouachita Baptist University, equipped her with the tools to navigate the complex world of politics and media. Her education laid the groundwork for her future roles, where clear communication and political savvy would become her hallmark.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Weight Loss
Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ weight loss journey has been quite public and discussed in various media outlets. According to the article from Pinkvilla, after her pregnancy, Sarah Huckabee Sanders gained weight, which led to criticism and insensitive comments from colleagues and social media. This criticism pushed her to make a change, and she embarked on a weight loss journey that inspired many.
Sarah Huckabee’s approach appears to be a combination of dietary changes, influenced by Dr. Steven R. Gundry’s book “The Plant Paradox,” and a focus on consuming whole, unprocessed foods. She also incorporated a mix of strength training, cardio exercises, and low-impact exercises like yoga into her routine.
Here’s a summary of Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ weight loss strategy:
- Starting Point: Sarah Huckabee Sanders weighed about 156 pounds during her time at the White House.
- Weight Loss: She lost 50 pounds, bringing her weight down to 106 pounds.
- Diet and Exercise: She followed a healthy diet and regular workout routine.
- Diet Plan: Her diet included well-balanced meals with lean proteins, vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats. She also practiced portion control.
- Inspiration: Her journey has inspired women both inside and outside of politics to focus on their health and well-being.
Interesting Facts: Did You Know?
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Makeover: Sarah Huckabee Sanders has been in the public eye for quite some time, and it looks like she’s had quite the transformation over the years. From her early days to her current role, there’s been a noticeable change in her appearance.
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Eye: The discussion around Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ eye condition seems to have been a topic of conversation online, particularly on platforms like Reddit and Twitter. Some speculate that she might have a condition such as “unnatural ptosis,” which is a drooping eyelid, or “amblyopia,” commonly known as lazy eye. Another suggestion is “mild third nerve palsy,” which can cause an eye to be slightly off when looking inward, along with a drooping eyelid.
- Media Savvy Roots: Before stepping into the national spotlight, Sarah honed her communication skills working with her father, Mike Huckabee, on his political campaigns. It was here she developed a keen sense for a media strategy that would later define her tenure as White House Press Secretary.
- Academic Achievements: Sarah’s academic journey took her to Ouachita Baptist University, where she not only excelled in her studies but also took active roles in student organizations, laying the groundwork for her future in leadership.
- Early Political Stirrings: At just 25, Sarah managed her father’s 2008 presidential campaign, showcasing her political acumen early on. This campaign, though not victorious, was a critical stepping stone in her career.
- A Pen with Power: Sarah is not just a political figure; she’s an author too. Her memoir, “Speaking for Myself,” offers a candid look at her life in the White House, providing insights into the administration and her personal convictions.
- A Voice for Education: As governor, Sarah launched the LEARNS initiative, aiming to revolutionize Arkansas’s education system. This program underscores her commitment to literacy and quality education for all children in her state.
- A Moment of Valor: During a press briefing in 2018, Sarah shared a touching story from a young boy named Preston, who donated his savings to the government. This story highlighted her ability to connect personal narratives with national discourse.
- A Legacy in the Making: With her role as the first female governor of Arkansas, Sarah is not just making history; she’s crafting a legacy that intertwines political innovation with traditional values, a testament to her unique brand of leadership.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Cancer
Sarah Huckabee Sander shared that she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer earlier in September 2022. She underwent a successful surgery to remove her thyroid and surrounding lymph nodes. By her account, she is now “cancer-free” following the surgery. Her surgeon, John R. Sims, confirmed that the surgery went very well and that Sanders is recovering nicely. He also mentioned that while she will require further treatment with radioactive iodine and ongoing follow-up, the prognosis is excellent given that it was a Stage I papillary thyroid carcinoma, which is the most common type of thyroid cancer and has a very good prognosis.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Arkansas Learns
Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders has issued an executive order to prioritize L.E.A.R.N.S., which stands for Literacy, Empowerment, Accountability, Readiness, Networking, and School Safety in Arkansas. Here are the key points from the order:
- Literacy: The Secretary of the Department of Education is tasked with ensuring all students can read at or above grade level by the end of third grade. This includes expanding access to quality early childhood education and conducting a kindergarten-readiness analysis.
- Empowerment: The order aims to empower parents by streamlining processes for effective charter schools, updating school and district measurement systems, and providing access to information about classroom curriculum and assessments.
- Accountability: There will be a review of how federal stimulus dollars have been spent by districts, with a report due on any outstanding funds.
- Readiness: The Department of Education will publish a report on Arkansas’ educator workforce, including an analysis of teacher shortage areas and retention metrics.
- Networking: The order includes a review of licensure fees for teachers and the publication of a list of alternative certification programs to help recruit high-quality teachers.
- School Safety: The government emphasizes the need to protect children and ensure their safety in school.
The Secretary of the Department of Education is also directed to establish systems that incentivize the adoption of high-quality instructional materials and curricula. Additionally, the order calls for a review of educator preparation and licensure requirements to attract experienced individuals from private industry into the teaching profession.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders ran for governor of Arkansas and announced her candidacy on January 25, 2021. She won the Republican primary on May 24, 2022, and faced the Democratic candidate, Chris Jones, in the gubernatorial election on November 8, 2022. Sarah won the election and became the governor of Arkansas in 2023. After President Joe Biden’s State of the Union address on February 7, 2023, she expressed her disagreement with his speech and called for a change, indicating that the Democratic Party had failed and it was time for a new direction.
Sanders’s story is far from over. As she leads Arkansas with a clear vision, her life remains a narrative of resilience, leadership, and unwavering commitment to service. Her voice, once a fixture in the national political dialogue, now speaks to the heart of Arkansas, leading with a promise of progress and reform.
In her own narrative, Sanders has emphasized the deliberate choice to serve, stating, “I was born into politics, but I chose to be here.” Her biography is not just a record of her achievements but a testament to her active choice to lead and make a difference in the lives of those she serves.
FAQs about Sarah Huckabee Sanders
Who is Sarah Huckabee Sanders husband?
Sarah Huckabee Sanders is married to Bryan Chatfield Sanders. The couple tied the knot in 2010 after meeting during her father’s 2008 presidential campaign, where Bryan was a campaign staffer.
What’s going on with Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ eyes?
Sarah Huckabee Sanders has a condition known as strabismus, which is a misalignment of the eyes. This condition is relatively common and can be present from birth or develop later in life. Despite the public attention it has received, Sanders has not let it impede her professional journey.
Does Sarah Huckabee have any brothers and sisters?
Yes, Sarah Huckabee Sanders has two brothers, John Mark Huckabee and David Huckabee. They grew up in a politically active family, with their father, Mike Huckabee, serving as the governor of Arkansas from 1996 to 2007.
How old is Sarah Huckabee Sanders?
Born on August 13, 1982, Sarah Huckabee Sanders is currently 41 years old.
How much does Sarah Huckabee Sanders make?
As the Governor of Arkansas, Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ salary is publicly recorded. While the exact figure may vary from year to year, the governor’s salary in Arkansas is reported to be around $150,000 annually. This does not include income from other sources such as book deals or previous roles.
Where does Sarah Huckabee Sanders live?
As the Governor of Arkansas, Sarah Huckabee Sanders resides in the Arkansas Governor’s Mansion located in Little Rock, Arkansas. This is the official residence of the governor and is used for both living and state ceremonial functions.
How many children does Sarah Sanders have?
Sarah Huckabee Sanders and her husband, Bryan, have three children: Scarlett Wiles Sanders, William Huckabee Sanders, and George Sanders.
How much does Sarah Huckabee Sanders weigh?
Sarah lost a lot of weight in 2018 when she dropped 40 pounds. She was able to reduce her weight from 156 to 106 pounds by incorporating both a diet and an exercise regimen.
Disclaimer: The data and net worth figure provided is an estimate and subject to change.